Recipe by Chilicat
This is a recipe from Tiana Coconut that I've adapted for a low-carb diet. The original calls for 6 eggs. I thought that might be a little too eggy so I replaced some of the eggs with flax meal. The texture of this brownie is a happy medium -- neither cake-like nor super-fudgy.
Top Review by Beverly292
These deserve way more than 5 stars!!! I have made other lc brownie recipes that I have had to throw in the trash! These are sooooooo good and have that great brownie texture and taste. I love them! Brownies are my all time fav, so I am sure to make these again!~! Thank you for posting this great recipe!!
- 1⁄2 cup sifted coconut flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 6 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a microwave-proof mixing bowl, melt the butter in a microwave and sift in cocoa powder. Blend together and let cool.
- Place flax meal in a measuring cup and add enough water to make 1/2 cup. Stir until well blended, then mix into bowl with cocoa and butter. Add Splenda, salt and vanilla, then stir in eggs one at a time. Sift coconut flour into batter and mix well. Fold in nuts.
- Pour batter into a greased 11x7x2 or 8x8x2 inch pan. Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes (for the 11x7 pan) to 30 minutes (for the 8x8 pan) or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Be careful not to overcook.