Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Haven't tried this yet, but it sounds YUMMM
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 -3 dashes nutmeg (optional)
- Simmer the 3 "milks".
- Mix 1 cup into eggs, mix back into pan.
- Stir over low heat, 5 minutes, to thicken (160 degrees).
- Add nutmeg, if desired.
I was wondering how this would work. Whenever I put coconut milk into the fridge, it would lump up. As good as (non-hydrogenated) coconut oil is for you, it does start to solidify at 75 degrees or so. Anyway, this is delicious, but there may be some soft lumps in the mixture after chilling. I stirred them up to blend the milks together better, but it's good. It was good when I thinned it with a little coconut rum later, too.