Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another Brazilian recipe. This is my choice for dessert, as it's simple!!!! I will serve this with fresh or poached fruit.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 egg white, stiffly beaten
- Preheat your oven to 350f.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, combine the sugar, coconut and butter.
- Gradually add the egg yolks, one at a time.
- Lastly, fold in the beaten egg white.
- Pour the mixture into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Place this in a roasting pan and fill with boiling water to half way up the pie dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set and golden brown.
- Turn the pie out on a serving dish.
- You want to present it upside down (ie. the browned coconut will form the base).
I love this recipe!!!It's perfect!!Even for a Brazilian like me!!! Que delicia de quindim!!!!!!
This is by far one of my favorite Brazilian deserts... it would be number one but passion fruit mousse beats it by a little bit.
Followed recipe ingredients and directions to a tee. This was EXTREMELY FANTASTIC. What get me is this has been posted for 5 years , and it hasn't been reviewed. Everybody is missing a great FANTASTIC PIE. Very easy to prepare. This was made for Recipe Swap #21. MMM GOOD !!