Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another Brazilian recipe. This is my choice for dessert, as it's simple!!!! I will serve this with fresh or poached fruit.
- Preheat your oven to 350f.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, combine the sugar, coconut and butter.
- Gradually add the egg yolks, one at a time.
- Lastly, fold in the beaten egg white.
- Pour the mixture into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Place this in a roasting pan and fill with boiling water to half way up the pie dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set and golden brown.
- Turn the pie out on a serving dish.
- You want to present it upside down (ie. the browned coconut will form the base).