Another Brazilian recipe. This is my choice for dessert, as it's simple!!!! I will serve this with fresh or poached fruit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 350f.
- 2In the bowl of your electric mixer, combine the sugar, coconut and butter.
- 3Gradually add the egg yolks, one at a time.
- 4Lastly, fold in the beaten egg white.
- 5Pour the mixture into a 9-inch pie plate.
- 6Place this in a roasting pan and fill with boiling water to half way up the pie dish.
- 7Bake for 30 minutes or until set and golden brown.
- 8Turn the pie out on a serving dish.
- 9You want to present it upside down (ie. the browned coconut will form the base).
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut/egg Pie (Quindim)
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.4
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 162.4 mg
- Sodium 34.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 34.4 g
- Protein 3.6 g