1/1 Photo of Coconut Delight Cake
1 hr 5 mins
From the Houma, LA Courier Bayou Gourmet Cookbook Competition April 2006. Submitted by Leslie Blanchard in the Desserts category.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine cake mix, pudding mix, water oil and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- 3Blend with electric mixer at medium speed for 4 minutes.
- 4Stir in 1/2 cup coconut and nuts.
- 5Pour into 3 greased and floured 9-inch pans.
- 6Bake 35 minutes.
- 7Frosting: Saute 2 3/4 cups coconut in 2 tablespoons butter until golden brown.
- 8Remove from heat and spread onto paper towels to drain.
- 9Cream 2 tablespoons butter with cream cheese.
- 10Add confectioner's sugar and milk in small amounts, beating well between each.
- 11Blend in vanilla.
- 12Stir in 2 cups sauteed coconut.
- 13Frost between cake layers, top, and sides.
- 14Garnish with remaining sauteed coconut.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Delight Cake
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 970.4
- Calories from Fat 415
- Total Fat 46.1 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 153.6 mg
- Sodium 864.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 133.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 107.5 g
- Protein 9.3 g