Recipe by Sky Hostess
These are a great treat if you need something sweet without the guilt. Only three ingredients! It doesn't get any easier! We love these. They are great as gifts during the holidays. They taste best cold right out of the fridge. Do remember to keep them refrigerated. They can be frozen as well. I usually use the sweetened coconut as that is all I can find locally.
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop coconut on large mat or cutting board and set aside.
- Place almonds into food processor. Add the dates on top. Whir in the food processor until these form a paste. You will still see some crumbs or large pieces of almond - this is OK.
- Once paste is mixed it will start to form a ball. Remove from food processor and roll into 2" logs or balls.
- Roll and press thru chopped coconut. While rolling your hands may become sticky due to the sugar in the dates - just rinse your hands with cold water and you will be able to handle the mixture easily again.
- Serve chilled. Store in fridge up to 2 weeks.
- Prep time is chopping coconut and processing paste. Cooking time is rolling.