Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are a great treat if you need something sweet without the guilt. Only three ingredients! It doesn't get any easier! We love these. They are great as gifts during the holidays. They taste best cold right out of the fridge. Do remember to keep them refrigerated. They can be frozen as well. I usually use the sweetened coconut as that is all I can find locally.
- Chop coconut on large mat or cutting board and set aside.
- Place almonds into food processor. Add the dates on top. Whir in the food processor until these form a paste. You will still see some crumbs or large pieces of almond - this is OK.
- Once paste is mixed it will start to form a ball. Remove from food processor and roll into 2" logs or balls.
- Roll and press thru chopped coconut. While rolling your hands may become sticky due to the sugar in the dates - just rinse your hands with cold water and you will be able to handle the mixture easily again.
- Serve chilled. Store in fridge up to 2 weeks.
- Prep time is chopping coconut and processing paste. Cooking time is rolling.
i went looking for this recipe because these are so delicious, and they were about as difficult to make as i suspected- a cinch! absolutely love them. i think next time i might try a little less almond though as they seemed on the dry side, harder to roll. but still yummy! my new favorite treat.