Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Ideal for entertaining, as they can be kept in the fridge for up to a day.
- 150 ml good quality ready-made custard
- 100 g creamed coconut, in a block
- 500 g small strawberries
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 85 g icing sugar
- 250 g mascarpone
- 2 finely grated limes, zest of
- Pour the custard into a small, heavy-based pan and grate in the creamed coconut. Heat gently until the coconut dissolves, then remove frome the heat and leave to cool.
- Hull and halve two-thirds of the strawberries and put to one side. Blitz the rest with the lime juice and 2 tablespoons of the icing sugar. Set aside. Tip the mascarpone into a large bowl and beat in the cooled coconut custard. Add half of the lime zest and the remaining icing sugar and mix until smooth.
- Divide two-third of the custard mixture between six large glasses. Follow with a layer of strawberry halves. Pour over some strawberry sauce, then finish with the remaining custard. Chill for at least an hour, then top with the remaining lime zest before serving.