Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple, easy and tropical. I think I need a vacation!
Make and share this Coconut Custard With Mango and Whipped Cream recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350^F.
- In a 13x9x2 in baking pan, place 6 3/4 cup custard cups.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the first 5 ingredients together.
- Add the coconut and mix well.
- Equally divide between the six custard cups.
- Pour hot water into baking pan to come half way up the sides of the custard cups.
- Bake about 30 minutes, or until custards are just set.
- Remove from pan and refrigerate at least 2 hours until cold.
- Can be made well in advance.
- For the Topping: Beat cream and powdered sugar in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon or pipe onto custards and sprinkle with diced mango.
This is wonderful custard!!! I used 2 % milk and unsweetened coconut but made as directed, however I had to cook it a lot longer than specified. I also skipped the mango, as the mangoes in the store weren't up to par. My dh said that this was a lot better than our usual and can't wait to have it again -- it's also a lot easier to make than the traditional custard/puddings too! Thanks for sharing this keeper which we will be having again soon!