Recipe by Normaone
Simple, easy and tropical. I think I need a vacation!
Top Review by ellie_
This is wonderful custard!!! I used 2 % milk and unsweetened coconut but made as directed, however I had to cook it a lot longer than specified. I also skipped the mango, as the mangoes in the store weren't up to par. My dh said that this was a lot better than our usual and can't wait to have it again -- it's also a lot easier to make than the traditional custard/puddings too! Thanks for sharing this keeper which we will be having again soon!
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
For the Topping
- 3⁄4 cup chilled whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, to taste
- 1 mango, pitted,peeled,diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350^F.
- In a 13x9x2 in baking pan, place 6 3/4 cup custard cups.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the first 5 ingredients together.
- Add the coconut and mix well.
- Equally divide between the six custard cups.
- Pour hot water into baking pan to come half way up the sides of the custard cups.
- Bake about 30 minutes, or until custards are just set.
- Remove from pan and refrigerate at least 2 hours until cold.
- Can be made well in advance.
- For the Topping: Beat cream and powdered sugar in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon or pipe onto custards and sprinkle with diced mango.