Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Haven't tried this recipe yet.
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 6 medium eggs
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- 6 ounces soft light brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl and beat in the coconut milk, sugar and salt.
- Place the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water and stir with a wooden spoon for 15 minutes, or until it begins to thicken.
- Pour in a prepared dish. Brush the butter over the inside of a 7 1/2 square ovenproof dish, about 1 1/2 in depth.
- Bake the custard in an oven heated at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Turn the custard out of the dish and cut the custard in squares.
- Serve decorated with coconut shreds, strips of lime rind and slices of fruit.
Had the neighbors over for coffee and this delish custard. We all loved it and they asked for the recipe. Thanks so much for sharing NoraMarie.
These are a must for anyone who truley loves custards. It is light with a nice coconut flavor. It is also very east to make. I used my own home made coconut milk. I get the coconut cream from Tropical Traditions, and make the milk to the desired flavor I want, from strong to mild. Drizzle alittle chocolate on it for a really good combination of flavors too! Thanks NoraMarie for this nice recipe!