- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 6 medium eggs
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- 6 ounces soft light brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl and beat in the coconut milk, sugar and salt.
- Place the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water and stir with a wooden spoon for 15 minutes, or until it begins to thicken.
- Pour in a prepared dish. Brush the butter over the inside of a 7 1/2 square ovenproof dish, about 1 1/2 in depth.
- Bake the custard in an oven heated at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Turn the custard out of the dish and cut the custard in squares.
- Serve decorated with coconut shreds, strips of lime rind and slices of fruit.