Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
For coconut custard pie lovers, a more substantial, yet simple dessert. This comes from my ratty old Polly-O cookbook, which has very authentic Italian American recipes.
- 2 lbs whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 10-inch pie shell
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Combine cheese, sugar, egg yolks, coconut and vanilla and blend well.
- Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400*, then reduce heat to 350* and bake for another 35-40 minutes.
- Let pie cool at least one hour before serving.