Recipe by Dib's
Top Review by Karen=^..^=
This was very good, just not what I was expecting. I know it sounds strange, but this has a little too much coconut and not enough custard. The taste was good, but I found the texture too dry. Usually, lots of coconut is a good thing...I just think in this case, it was over-powering. Thanks for sharing the recipe...I will play with it a bit.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 pie crust (see Basic Butter Crust)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare basic pie crust and line a pie plate.
- Set aside.
- In a large glass bowl melt the butter in the microwave.
- Mix together the eggs, buttermilk, sugar, vanilla and coconut.
- Whisk egg mixture into the melted butter.
- Pour into the unbaked pie crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees, reduce heat to 300 degrees and continue to bake for 35 minutes or until the middle is set.