Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Sweet and delicious, this recipe won a blue ribbon at the New Holland Fair when submitted by Mrs. Charles L. White of Akron, PA
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 cups cold milk (skim is fine)
- 2 frozen pastry pie crusts
- 1 cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine sugar, eggs and flour. Add butter, then milk.
- Place 1/2 cup coconut in the bottom of each shell, then place pans in oven and pour in liquid mixture. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees and for 25 minutes more or until center is set and pies are golden brown.
- Recipe can be cut in half, using 3 eggs. I also like to use more coconut.