Recipe by sofie-a-toast
From Perry's Plate
Top Review by COOKGIRl
Yum! We made veggie bowls with this recipe. Lined the bowls with baby spinach then added a spoonful of basmati rice, the vegetable mixture/beans, fresh mint and fresh cilantro, lime slices. Perfect! Bought organic cauliflower from the farmer's market just for this occasion, too! Don't skip the mint! Made for Veg Tag/April.
- 44.37 ml coconut (or your preferred cooking oil) or 44.37 ml grapeseed oil (or your preferred cooking oil)
- 4-5 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into 1-inch florets
- 14.79 ml plus 2 tsp. your favorite curry powder or 14.79 ml curry paste
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste, if your curry powder needs some kick)
- 354.88 ml vegetables or 354.88 ml chicken broth
- 425.24 g can chickpeas, drained (garbanzo beans)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 425.24 g can coconut milk
- zest and juice from one lime
- 29.58 ml chopped of fresh mint (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet heat the oil to medium-high heat. Add sliced carrots, onions, and cauliflower pieces; saute, stirring frequently, until the onions become translucent.
- Stir in curry powder and crushed red pepper flakes (if using), and cook for 1 minute. Add broth, chickpeas, and salt; bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and lime zest/juice. Let it simmer, uncovered for a couple of minutes. Stir in mint.
- Serve on hot rice with yogurt on top.