Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Perry's Plate
Make and share this Coconut Curry With Cauliflower, Carrots, & Chickpeas recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons coconut (or your preferred cooking oil) or 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil (or your preferred cooking oil)
- 4 -5 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into 1-inch florets
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp. your favorite curry powder or 1 tablespoon curry paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste, if your curry powder needs some kick)
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetables or 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained (garbanzo beans)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk
- zest and juice from one lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint (optional)
- In a large skillet heat the oil to medium-high heat. Add sliced carrots, onions, and cauliflower pieces; saute, stirring frequently, until the onions become translucent.
- Stir in curry powder and crushed red pepper flakes (if using), and cook for 1 minute. Add broth, chickpeas, and salt; bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and lime zest/juice. Let it simmer, uncovered for a couple of minutes. Stir in mint.
- Serve on hot rice with yogurt on top.
Yum! We made veggie bowls with this recipe. Lined the bowls with baby spinach then added a spoonful of basmati rice, the vegetable mixture/beans, fresh mint and fresh cilantro, lime slices. Perfect! Bought organic cauliflower from the farmer's market just for this occasion, too! Don't skip the mint! Made for Veg Tag/April.
So enjoyed! I forgot how hot my pepper flakes were. So ours was over the top hot. (A good thing). That is where the yogurt is a good thing I used home made broth. My carrots are very large so I used two. One large onion. I also used two tablespoons of powdered curry. I used basil in place of mint just because that is what I had more of. I did garnish with my mint that is just starting to grow for me. As for the lime I squeezed the juice in then tossed the lime halves in and then after simmering squeezed and removed to my mulch bin. I placed over saffron basmati rice and topped with a dollop of yogurt. I`m enjoying this as I type the review and I can see myself eating this right through the night. I must say every bite I take the more I love it! Very addictive! Who needs meat? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quite possibly the fastest meal I've ever prepared! Truly 22 minutes form start to finish. Including chopping cauliflower. I served it with basmati rice which also cooks quickly. Delicious! Made for Veggie Swap 3/13