1 hr 30 mins
I've been experimenting with this for a while and think I have it now. It's a good extra dish for a crowd of curry eaters like our family. The choice of vegetables is really up to you, but look for colours and textures to make it interesting. I have put baby squash, cauliflower and beans in this at other times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 large onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 red chile, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons curry paste (I like Rogan Josh)
- 1 (400 ml) can light coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 1 carrot, quartered lengthways, chopped into 1cm pieces
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and diced carrots size
- 1 cup diced pumpkin
- 1 (440 g) can chickpeas
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 zucchini, cut same as carrot
- 1 bunch spinach, well washed and stems discarded
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1Heat the oil over medium heat, add the onions and cook until softened but not coloured; about 10 minutes.
- 2Add the ginger, garlic and chilie and cook a further couple of minutes.
- 3Add the curry paste, stir and cook a couple of minutes before adding the carrot, sweet potato and pumpkin.
- 4Add the can of coconut milk and a can of water and allow to cook uncovered until the sauce has reduced and thickened a bit and veg almost cooked. This takes me about 40 minutes.
- 5Add the can of chickpeas and the softer veggies-broccoli, capsicum and zucchini and cook a further 10 minutes (or to your liking) with a lid on.
- 6Just before serving, stir through the spinach leaves, lime juice and fresh coriander leaves. Keep stirring gently until the leaves are wilted.
- 7Serve as part of a curry meal.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Curry Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.4
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 327.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk