Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Nightshade free depends on your curry powder (make your own if in doubt).
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 8 g glucomannan (fiber powder, opt'l)
- 2 tablespoons water (only if using Glucomannan)
- 1 teaspoon stevia
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups cooked rice
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minute or until softened. Add cumin, coriander and curry powder. Cook for 1 minute Add coconut milk and Wasabi. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 2 minute.
- Add shrimp. Raise heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring, about 6 minute until shrimp is cooked through.
- In a small bowl, combine Glucomannan and water, add to saucepan (do not allow to thicken for long before adding or you will spend a lot of time stirring to melt the clumps). Add stevia, stir. Cook for 1 minute until sauce is bubbly and thickened.
- Stir in cilantro just before serving over rice.