Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this as part of a satay recipe. It would be good over fish, veggies and for many other uses.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon thai yellow curry paste (using a different paste would change it up)
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons green chilies, seeded and chopped (canned or fresh)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons basil, fresh chopped
- Heat oil over medium high heat. Add paste and cook, stirring for 30 seconds. Stir in coconut cream. Add fish sauce, ginger, coconut milk, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in chiles and basil.