Lab Goddess's Note:
From Food & Wine; Author Mai Pham. This sounded really good too so I posted it
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 1/4 lb snow peas, halved crosswise
- 3/4 lb dried chow mein noodles
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 6 cups chicken stock or 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons asian fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 lb shredded cooked chicken (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- lime wedge, for serving
- sliced chile, for serving
- 1In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the spinach and snow peas just until the spinach wilts, 30 seconds.
- 2Remove the vegetables.
- 3Add the noodles to the water and cook until ad dente, 8 minutes. Drain well.
- 4Transfer the spinach, snow peas and noodles to bowls.
- 5Meanwhiles, in a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- 6Cook the shallots over moderately high heat until lightly browned, 2 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- 7Reduce the heat to moderate.
- 8Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, the garlic, curry paste, curry powder, coriander and turmeric and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- 9Add the stock, bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes.
- 10Add the coconut milk, fish sauce and sugar, bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes.
- 11Add the chicken, cilantro and scallions and cook just until heated through; season with salt.
- 12Ladle the soup over the noodles and serve with the cooked shallots, lime wedges and sliced chilies.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut-Curry Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (712 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1019.2
- Calories from Fat 593
- Total Fat 65.9 g
- Saturated Fat 26.0 g
- Cholesterol 53.3 mg
- Sodium 1661.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 34.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste