Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love rice, but sometimes plain white rice or rice cooked in broth just isn't enough - found this at myrecipes.com and am saving for when I'm in one of those moods. :)
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add onion, and sauté until tender.
- Add curry powder and rice; cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove bay leaf.
- *Note: Equal parts regular coconut milk and water may be substituted for light coconut milk.