Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a great weeknight meal, fast and easy to prepare
Top Review by kittycatmom
I love this recipe. I've made this many times. It reminds me alot of Sri Lankan style chicken. I never add the coconut milk until I'm almost ready to serve though -- just enough to heat through, and always on a lower temp to prevent curdling a previous reviewer mentioned. Delicious Kitt!!! The last time I made this I also added in carrots and a few peas. Absolutely wonderful!!!
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, cut in strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 chicken breasts, boned, skinned and cut into 1 in pieces
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced into 1 in pieces
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken stock, just to cover (can use water, but stock is better)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large casserole, saute onion in oil until tender.
- Add green pepper and garlic, saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add curry powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken, potatoes, coconut milk, salt to taste, and enough stock or water to cover.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 30 mins, or until potatoes are tender.