Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great weeknight meal, fast and easy to prepare
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, cut in strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 chicken breasts, boned, skinned and cut into 1 in pieces
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced into 1 in pieces
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken stock, just to cover (can use water, but stock is better)
- In a large casserole, saute onion in oil until tender.
- Add green pepper and garlic, saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add curry powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken, potatoes, coconut milk, salt to taste, and enough stock or water to cover.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 30 mins, or until potatoes are tender.
I love this recipe. I've made this many times. It reminds me alot of Sri Lankan style chicken. I never add the coconut milk until I'm almost ready to serve though -- just enough to heat through, and always on a lower temp to prevent curdling a previous reviewer mentioned. Delicious Kitt!!! The last time I made this I also added in carrots and a few peas. Absolutely wonderful!!!
By the ingredients in this dish, I thought it might be good, so I prepared it, according to the recipe, this afternoon.
I found that while simmering, the coconut milk curtled and it was wattery with not much flavor. Maybe with a decrease in the amount of chicken broth or coconut milk, it would be better.
I don't think I'll be making this recipe again.
Yum! Thank you for sharing!