These are yummy healthy chicken fingers with a little crunch. Came out of a fitness magazine. Instead of layering on spinach leaves, I threw on top an Asian salad with some ginger honey dressing. I'll definitely make again. My only issue was with the coconut-cornflake-cashew mixture. I didn't have enough to coat all the chicken, so had to make more. But that was easy enough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups light coconut milk
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 1/2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 3/4 cup roasted cashews, salted
- 3/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup corn flakes
- 1 (10 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1Preheat the oven to 400. Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- 2Cut the chicken into 3-by-1/2-inch strips; season with salt and pepper.
- 3In a wide, shallow bowl, whisk together one cup of the coconut milk, the skim milk, and 1 1/2 Tablespoons curry paste.
- 4In a food processor, pulse together the cashews and coconut until finely chopped. Add the cornflakes and pulse until coarse. Transfer mixture to a wide, shallow bowl.
- 5One by one, dip the chicken strips in the coconut milk mixture, letting the excess drip back into the bowl. Place the chicken in the cashew mixture and turn to coat evenly. Transfer each chicken finger to the prepared baking sheet.
- 6Bake the chicken fingers in the over, turning once halfway through, until they are golden all over, about 10 minutes.
- 7While the chicken cooks, whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup coconut milk and remaining 2 Tablespoons curry paste. Divide the spinach on plates and top with the chicken fingers. Drizzle the chicken fingers and spinach with the sauce and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut-Curry Chicken Fingers With Cashews
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.4
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 88.5 mg
- Sodium 395.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 41.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk
red curry paste