Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Everyday With Rachel Ray Magazine (August, 2008, pg. 24). From Jason Herman, Bend, Oregon.
Make and share this Coconut Curry Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 3 1/4 cups salted water to a boil.
- Add the rice, bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat, stir in the curry powder and cook 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk and cook until reduced by half, about 7 minutes.
- Toss together the chicken, five-spice powder and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- In a large, heave skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Increase the heat to high and stir-fry the chicken until just cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut curry sauce.
- Serve over the rice.
This is soooooo good! I cooked it a bit differently than called for but kept the ingredients the same with the exception of adding half a large onion and a small bell pepper. The sauce is so yummy. The combo of 5 spice powder, curry and coconut milk is just dreamy. I will definitely make this again. Thanks for posting!
This was a pretty good dish. I didn't have the thai spice blend, so I sauteed garlic with the olive oil before adding the chicken, then added some ginger and red pepper flakes. It was very good!
Fast and easy. The sauce is rich and silky with very subtle coconut flavor and mild curry. It might be even better with a couple tablespoons of chopped toasted coconut stirred in, or served over coconut rice. I used a Thai spice blend on the chicken instead of the five-spice powder. Five stars for fast and budget friendly!