Recipe by NELady
From Everyday With Rachel Ray Magazine (August, 2008, pg. 24). From Jason Herman, Bend, Oregon.
Top Review by CrysDanMom
This is soooooo good! I cooked it a bit differently than called for but kept the ingredients the same with the exception of adding half a large onion and a small bell pepper. The sauce is so yummy. The combo of 5 spice powder, curry and coconut milk is just dreamy. I will definitely make this again. Thanks for posting!
- 1 1⁄2 cups white rice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 3 1⁄4 cups water, salted
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, bring 3 1/4 cups salted water to a boil.
- Add the rice, bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat, stir in the curry powder and cook 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk and cook until reduced by half, about 7 minutes.
- Toss together the chicken, five-spice powder and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- In a large, heave skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Increase the heat to high and stir-fry the chicken until just cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut curry sauce.
- Serve over the rice.