Recipe by Dee514
A new twist on mashed cauliflower. This recipe is from “From the SCCC Kitchen” (Schenectady County Community College’s nationally accredited American Culinary Federation culinary arts program).
Top Review by Parrish
Amazingly easy, and sooo different. I am not sure whether i would consider the flavors more Thai, or Indian, but it worked beautifully with my beef roast. I wouldn't try this if I still had "picky eating" kiddos under my roof, but sure wowed my openminded husband...
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced gingerroot
- 6 ounces coconut milk
- white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam cauliflower until tender (breaks easily when touched).
- Drain and set aside in covered pan.
- In a small sauce pan, add curry and turn heat on medium.
- Shake the curry over the heat for a brief time to release the oil and you can smell the curry.
- Be careful not to brown as it will become grainy and bitter.
- Add the ginger and coconut milk and simmer until small bubbles appear, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, add to the cauliflower and mash.
- Salt and pepper to taste.