Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A new twist on mashed cauliflower. This recipe is from “From the SCCC Kitchen” (Schenectady County Community College’s nationally accredited American Culinary Federation culinary arts program).
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced gingerroot
- 6 ounces coconut milk
- white pepper
- Steam cauliflower until tender (breaks easily when touched).
- Drain and set aside in covered pan.
- In a small sauce pan, add curry and turn heat on medium.
- Shake the curry over the heat for a brief time to release the oil and you can smell the curry.
- Be careful not to brown as it will become grainy and bitter.
- Add the ginger and coconut milk and simmer until small bubbles appear, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, add to the cauliflower and mash.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Amazingly easy, and sooo different. I am not sure whether i would consider the flavors more Thai, or Indian, but it worked beautifully with my beef roast. I wouldn't try this if I still had "picky eating" kiddos under my roof, but sure wowed my openminded husband...