A new twist on mashed cauliflower. This recipe is from “From the SCCC Kitchen” (Schenectady County Community College’s nationally accredited American Culinary Federation culinary arts program).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Steam cauliflower until tender (breaks easily when touched).
- 2Drain and set aside in covered pan.
- 3In a small sauce pan, add curry and turn heat on medium.
- 4Shake the curry over the heat for a brief time to release the oil and you can smell the curry.
- 5Be careful not to brown as it will become grainy and bitter.
- 6Add the ginger and coconut milk and simmer until small bubbles appear, stirring occasionally.
- 7Remove from heat, add to the cauliflower and mash.
- 8Salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut-Curry Cauliflower Mash
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.1
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 57.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 3.6 g