Recipe by alligirl
"Cashew curry, a popular Indian dish, is the inspiration for this snack. The sweet coconut flakes subdue the heat of the spice." Taken from Martha Stewart Living, June 2011 and posted for ZWT.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- coarse salt
- 2 cups unsalted roasted cashews (9 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup large unsweetened flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in curry powder, and cook until toasted, about 1 minute.
- Stir in sugar, water, honey, and 1 1/4 teaspoons salt. (Mixture will resemble wet sand.)
- Add cashews, and toss to coat using a heat-proof rubber spatula.
- Transfer cashew mixture to a parchment-lined baking sheet, and spread into a single layer using rubber spatula.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, stir, and sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake until cashews and coconut are golden, 6 to 7 minutes more.
- Transfer sheet to a wire rack. Stir nuts, and let stand until cool and hardened, about 30 minutes.