Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just a little bit of peanut butter and light coconut milk make this curry taste rich and creamy.
Make and share this Coconut Curry Beef or Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 lb top round steaks, cut into strips or 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon yellow curry paste (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon 100% peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons unsalted peanuts, chopped
- In bowl, whisk together orange juice, fish sauce, cornstarch, and canola oil.
- Stir in beef, tossing to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or refrigerate up to 1 day.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add curry powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Add beef and cook for 2 minutes or until browned but still pink inside.
- Stir in coconut milk, peanut butter, lime juice and sugar substitute. Cook, tossing to coat meat with sauce, for another 2 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and peanuts.
Hi TKF Well, I wanted to make a curry soup with what I had on hand, in the pressure cooker. I had chicken, dried lima beans, wild and brown rice, celery, onions fish sauce, coconut milk. Rogan Josh and Madras Curry powders. So I came across your recipe and took great license with it. And my DH LOVED it. He rarely comments on food at all. He eats and he's happy. But he couldn't stop raving about my adaptation of your dish. I will keep it on file for future jumping off points. I think one of the keys was to saute the spices a little. Certainly brought out the flavor. The beans thickened the sauce without the cornstarch. Pressure cooker really brought it all together. What a treat. Especially DH's enjoyment. Thanks for the inspiration. Judy in WA