Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Just a little bit of peanut butter and light coconut milk make this curry taste rich and creamy.
Make and share this Coconut Curry Beef or Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 lb top round steaks, cut into strips or 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon yellow curry paste (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon 100% peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons unsalted peanuts, chopped
- In bowl, whisk together orange juice, fish sauce, cornstarch, and canola oil.
- Stir in beef, tossing to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or refrigerate up to 1 day.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add curry powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Add beef and cook for 2 minutes or until browned but still pink inside.
- Stir in coconut milk, peanut butter, lime juice and sugar substitute. Cook, tossing to coat meat with sauce, for another 2 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and peanuts.