Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This Meal-in-one is sure to liven up your dinnertime repertoire with its tender strips of beef , noodles and nicely spiced sauce - and only one pot to wash.
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, divided
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steaks (grilling steak) or 1 lb boneless strip steak (grilling steak)
- 2 cups reduced-sodium beef stock
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 8 ounces spaghettini, broken in half
- 1 lb frozen california-blend frozen vegetables, thawed (4 cups)
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In a measuring cup or bowl, whisk together milk, 1/3 cup of the coconut, soy sauce, flour and curry powder.
- Heat a large pot over high heat; add half of the butter and swirl to coat pan. Brown beef, in two or three batches, for about 2 minutes, adding remaining butter between batches; transfer beef to bowl . Stir in beef stock and water, scraping up brown bits stuck to pot. Whisk milk mixture and stir into pot; bring to a simmer, stirring often. Stir in pasta; reduce heat and simmer gently , stirring often, for about 8 minutes or until pasta is almost tender.
- Stir in vegetables and beef with any accumulated juices. Cook stirring, for about 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve sprinkled with remaining coconut and raisins and with lime wedges to squeeze over top.
- COOKING TIP: For the optimal tenderness, cut the steak across the grain, heat the pot well before adding beef and don't crowd the pan.
- FOR THE ADVENTUROUS: Add 1 minced hot chili pepper with beef and garnish with chopped fresh coriander and mint.