1 hr 10 mins
Chef #573036's Note:
This my version of this delicious curry. I have halved the recipe. In the original recipe they also add 3/4 cup of cilantro at the end.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 15 fresh curry leaves (available at most Indian grocers, they should be green, not brownish green)
- 1/2 tablespoon black mustard seeds
- 3/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 cup ripe tomato, diced
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces pure coconut milk
- 1/2 lb eggplant, cut in 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 lb cauliflower, cut into medium pieces
- 3/8 lb red bell pepper, cut in 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1In large saucepan heat oil over medium heat for one minute and add curry leaves and mustard seeds.
- 2Wait until they start to sizzle and them sizzle for approximately 30 seconds or until a few start to pop.
- 3The curry leaves will cook and become shriveled.
- 4Immediately add garlic and onions.
- 5Sauté until onions are golden brown.
- 6Add the tomatoes and the powdered spices.
- 7Continue to sauté until the oil separates from the tomato “masala”.
- 8Add the coconut milk.
- 9Bring to a light boil, add eggplant, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 10Add the remaining vegetables, cover the pan and cook to taste, approximately 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Curried Vegetables - Adapted from Vij's
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.6
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 913.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 29.6 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: