1 hr 10 mins
Chef #573036's Note:
This my version of this delicious curry. I have halved the recipe. In the original recipe they also add 3/4 cup of cilantro at the end.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 15 fresh curry leaves (available at most Indian grocers, they should be green, not brownish green)
- 1/2 tablespoon black mustard seeds
- 3/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 cup ripe tomato, diced
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces pure coconut milk
- 1/2 lb eggplant, cut in 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 lb cauliflower, cut into medium pieces
- 3/8 lb red bell pepper, cut in 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1In large saucepan heat oil over medium heat for one minute and add curry leaves and mustard seeds.
- 2Wait until they start to sizzle and them sizzle for approximately 30 seconds or until a few start to pop.
- 3The curry leaves will cook and become shriveled.
- 4Immediately add garlic and onions.
- 5Sauté until onions are golden brown.
- 6Add the tomatoes and the powdered spices.
- 7Continue to sauté until the oil separates from the tomato “masala”.
- 8Add the coconut milk.
- 9Bring to a light boil, add eggplant, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 10Add the remaining vegetables, cover the pan and cook to taste, approximately 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Curried Vegetables - Adapted from Vij's
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.6
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 913.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 29.6 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: