Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Coconut Curried Pork, Snow Pea, and Mango Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) bags boil-in-the-bag rice, long-grain rice
- 1 (1 lb) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon red curry powder
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1⁄3 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste (such as Thai Kitchen)
- 1 cup bottled mango, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion, divided
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 4 lime wedges (optional)
- Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- Cut pork into 1-inch cubes.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork evenly with curry powder. Add pork and snow peas to pan; stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Combine coconut milk, fish sauce, and curry paste, stirring well. Add milk mixture to pan; bring to a simmer.
- Stir in mango and 1/4 cup onions; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat. Place 1 cup rice on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 1/4 cups pork mixture.
- Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon of remaining 1/4 cup onions and 1 1/2 teaspoons shredded coconut. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Very good! I skipped the rice to make this a paleo-diet compliant meal. I enjoyed the mangoes and snow peas in this dish. When I make it again, I would use more coconut milk to create more of a sauce and use more curry. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Wow, Wow, Wow...this dish is so simple to make and yet so good. I didn't have red curry powder so I used regular mild curry powder and followed the rest of the recipe to a T. I could have used a combination of ground coriander, cumin, chiles, and cardamom to make red curry powder but since I hadn't made this recipe before I thought I would play it safe. This dish in my opinion was hardly spicy and could be kicked up a notch or two (maybe three). I used light coconut milk and red curry paste and jarred mangos (although fresh mango would be great) as the recipe calls for. If you want a creamier sauce then I would use regular coconut milk. I substituted the snow peas for broccoli because that is what I had on hand. I served this on top of basmati rice and it was perfect. My DD loved the mangoâ€™s in this stir fry and requested the little bit that was left for her lunch tomorrow. She also requested this to be made when her friend comes to visit next week. This is definitely a keeper and I know it will become a regular dish on our table. Thank you for posting it.