Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my FAVORITE recipe!!!! It's healthy, ridiculously tasty, and takes less than 15 minutes to cook. It has the added bonus of being vegetarian, but it's just so good that I'll feed it to anyone and everyone! I got the recipe from Vegetarian Times, the original may be found at http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/7747. We've eaten this with rice, wheat tortillas, or by itself. Basically we just can't stop eating it! Just a warning to all those gringos out there, it's a little bit spicy. ;) In case zaar can't find all the ingredients, the basic nutritional info per serving is: 34 cal/14g protein/13g total fat/11g fiber/46g carbs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 1⁄2 cups stemmed coarsely chopped spinach
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons curry powder (homemade or good-quality store-bought)
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 3 cups cut green cabbage (2-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth or 2 tablespoons chicken broth or 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups cooked chickpeas or 4 cups rinsed canned chick-peas
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk (it's worth using the fat-charged kind)
- Chop all ingredients that require chopping and set them aside (everything cooks pretty quickly). For easier assembly, put the garlic and onion in one bowl, the carrots and cabbage in another bowl, and the spinach and cilantro in another bowl.
- In a wok, boil 2 1/2 quarts (10 cups) lightly salted water on high.
- Add cauliflower and cook two minutes. Drain and set cauliflower aside.
- Heat 1 Tbs oil in wok over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion and 1 tsp salt. Stir-fry one minute.
- Add curry powder and stir-fry one minute.
- Add 1/2 Tbs oil. Add carrots, cabbage, and 1 tsp salt. Stir-fry two minutes.
- Slowly drizzle broth around outer edge of vegetables, steering clear of the center. Cover and cook two minutes.
- Stir in chickpeas and coconut milk and cook, uncovered, for two and a half minutes.
- Add spinach, cauliflower, and cilantro. Cook, stirring, just until spinach begins to wilt (about one minute).
- Remove from heat and serve.