Recipe by Hey Jude
This is a great appetizer for parties - this recipe makes a lot! I usually halve the recipe and we have them for dinner with vegetable lo mein. Prep time does not include the 2-hour marinading time.
Top Review by MizEmerilLagasse
This was very different. When I first looked at the ingriedents and saw the coconut extract, I'd have to said I was a little worried. But, I had it already on hand sense I am a pastry chef, so, I gave this recipe a go. I must say too, I really did enjoy it. Please everyone out there in internet land, don't let this recipe scare you. It really is quite good.
- 4 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings, rinsed and patted dry (about 24)
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken apart at both joints; reserve tips for another use, if desired.
- In a large bowl, combine milk and coconut extract; add winglets and stir well; cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until the next day.
- In a medium bowl, combine potato mix, curry powder, and coconut; stir chicken to moisten; then lift out one winglet, drain briefly and roll in potato mixture to coat completely.
- Repeat with remaining winglets.
- Place winglets slightly apart on 2 well-greased 10x15 rimmed baking pans and one well-greased 7x11 baking pan.
- Combine butter and garlic; drizzle over chicken.
- Bake uncovered, at 375° until well browned and crisp, about 45 minutes, switching position of pans in oven halfway through baking.
- Serve hot; this makes 10-12 appetizer servings or 5-6 main-dish servings.