Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from Boma -- The Flavors of Africa at Walt Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. It was posted in a local newspaper.
- 1 chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- ground pepper
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder, toasted
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup canned diced tomato, drained
- 1 cup potato, diced chunky
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced chunky
- 1 cup onion, diced chunky
- 1⁄2 minced jalapeno
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, curry powder.
- Sear chicken in oil in 4-quart pot; cook until almost done.
- Remove chicken; pour out excess oil.
- Add butter to same pan; stir in flour.
- Stir in stock, cayenne pepper and tomatoes.
- Add honey, potatoes, bell peppers, onions, jalapenos and coconut milk.
- Return the chicken to the pot.
- Bring to a boil to finish cooking and thicken liquid.
- Put chicken in serving bowl.
- Ladle sauce on top.
- Garnish with cilantro.
My friend makes this recipe and it is delicious!! It has become our "get-together" favorite. So flavorful, yet simple to make.