Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I don't remember where I got this but it was one of the first recipes I tried from a web site. It has been changed some to suite our tastes. My family loves it, my very picky son requests it when he visits.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and curry powder over medium high heat for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and onion and cook 1 more minute.
- Add chicken, tossing lightly to coat with curry oil.
- Reduce heat and cook til chicken is done, about 10 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer on low for 30 to 40 minutes stirring occasionally, until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve over rice.