Recipe by John J. O'Sullivan?
I found this recipe in Men's Fitness in their "A Man, A Can, A Microwave" department. It looks tasty and easy...and I look forward to making it this week. Stay tuned!
Top Review by LizzieBug
I un-bachelorized this a bit by ditching the microwave and browning the chicken in a pan with the curry powder, onions, garlic and ginger and then simmering it all in the sauce over medium heat for about 10 minutes. There wasn’t a whole lot of depth of flavor like the curry dishes that take hours to prepare, but for a tasty curry on the table in 20 minutes with minimal fuss and basic ingredients, this recipe is quite good.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup canned light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon canned tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken breasts into bite-size pieces.
- In a 2-quart, microwavable dish, stir the chicken with the oil until it's good and greasy.
- Stir in the curry powder, garlic, onion, ginger, and cayenne pepper.
- Nuke for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring a few times, until the spices are fragrant and the chicken is almost cooked through.
- Move the chicken to the sides of the dish and mix the coconut milk and tomato paste in the middle. Mix thoroughly with the chicken and cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Heat for 10 to 12 minutes stirring a few times until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Stir in salt and serve.
- Extra credit: Serve over rice to soak up the sauce and top with 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro.