1/11 Photos of Coconut Cupcakes With White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
1 hr 30 mins
As adults we expect more. These are not your ordinary cupcakes. This cupcake supplies more flavor per bite. Using the coconut milk (DO NOT use Cream of coconut), instead of whole milk will help to intensify the flavor. This recipe comes from Cuisine at Home. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Cupcakes
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 3 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup coconut milk or 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (1 stick)
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Line a regular sized muffin tin with cupcake papers.
- 3Sift flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- 4In a measuring cup combine egg whites, coconut milk and extracts.
- 5Cream together sugar and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- 6Blend until butter lightens in color and texture, 4 minutes.
- 7Alternately add dry and wet ingredients, starting and ending with dry, in 3 additions.
- 8Fold in coconut using a rubber spatula.
- 9Scoop batter into prepared tin, filling each about 3/4 full.
- 10Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 25-30 minutes.
- 11Cool in the pan 5 minutes; remove completely.
- 12For frosting, beat cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until smooth.
- 13Add melted white chocolate and lime juice; beat to blend.
- 14Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth (it will be gooey).
- 15Spread 3 Tbsp frosting on each cupcake.
- 16Top cupcakes with coconut.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Cupcakes With White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (1663 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.9
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 62.4 mg
- Sodium 291.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 44.0 g
- Protein 5.2 g