1/1 Photo of Coconut Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting
The Barefoot Contessa's delicious recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 lb unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 lb sweetened flaked coconut
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1Heat oven to 350°. Sift the dry ingredients together into a medium mixing bowl, and set the bowl aside. Break eggs into a small bowl, and set aside.
- 2With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. With the mixer running, carefully pour in eggs and vanilla and almond extracts.
- 3Mix in the flour mixture and buttermilk by alternating between 1 cup flour and 1/2 cup buttermilk; be sure to start and end with the flour mixture. Add half the coconut, and mix until just incorporated.
- 4Line a cupcake tin with paper liners. Fill each cup with batter; the batter should nearly reach the tops of the cupcake cups. Bake until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 5Remove cupcakes from the oven, and allow them to cool briefly in the tin before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely, about 45 minutes. Generously ice them with cream cheese frosting, and sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- 6Frosting: Place cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl. Gradually add butter, and continue beating until smooth and well blended. Sift in confectioners’ sugar, and continue beating until smooth. Add vanilla, and stir to combine.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (2587 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.8
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 90.2 mg
- Sodium 198.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 30.6 g
- Protein 4.3 g