1/2 Photos of Coconut Cupcakes
This wonderful recipe is from The Baker's Dozen Cookbook. A must-try for coconut lovers! Even those who claim they dislike coconut will adore there cute cupcakes. Decorate with coconut nougatine sticks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk (not coco lopez)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut (3 oz, you can also use half coconut flakes, half almond flakes)
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Grease and flour sixteen medium (2 3/4 inch) muffin cups, tap out excess flour, or line them with cupcake liners.
- 3Sift flour, baking powder and salt together onto a piece of wax paper; set aside.
- 4Beat butter on medium speed until lighter in color. Add sugar in a steady stream, then stop the mixer to scrape down the bowl.
- 5Return to medium speed and beat until mixture is very light in color and texture, stopping occasionally to scrape down the bowl.
- 6Add the slightly beaten egg (ensure it's at room temperature) a tablespoon at a time. If mixture looks curdled, stop, increase mixer speed to high and beat until mixture looks smooth and shiny again.
- 7In 3 additions, add flour mixture, alternating with 2 additions of coconut milk. (flour-milk-flour-milk-flour) After each addition, scrape down the sides and beat until smooth.
- 8Beat in vanilla extract with the final addition of coconut milk.
- 9Using a rubber spatula, fold in the coconut flakes and almonds (if using).
- 10Spoon the batter into prepared cups, filling them about 2/3 full. Sprinkle the top with some toasted almond flakes, if desired.
- 11Bake for 20 mins, until the tops spring back when lightly pressed and a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean.
- 12Transfer the pan to a wire rack, cool for 10 mins. Remove cupcakes from the pan and cool completely on wire rack, top side up.
- 13If using the nougatine sticks: Just before serving, poke two nougatine sticks into each cupcake in a crisscross fashion.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.6
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 62.5 mg
- Sodium 76.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 2.9 g