Recipe by Saraheliz56
An amazing coconut cupcake recipe I got from a childhood friend's mother. They're great for Easter and can be made with or without coconut for the picky eaters out there! Always a favorite, they never last long!
- 24 cupcakes
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) containers Cool Whip
- 1 (10 ounce) package coconut flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare cupcakes according to any box recipe and then bake in the oven for the instructed time. When the cupcakes come out of the oven, immediately poke small wholes in the tops of each one (while they are still inside of the pan).
- In a saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the sugar into the milk. Once the sugar is dissolved remove the mixture from the heat. With a large spoon, pour small amounts of the liquid over each cupcake until all of the liquid is gone. The cupcakes will soak it up slowly, so it is best to complete the process patiently, over and over until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Place the cupcakes in the fridge overnight for maximum results.
- After the cupcakes have set in the fridge, take them out and place them on a platter or serving dish. They will be sticky and so will the pan so have everything you need out. Place large dollops of the cool whip on top of each cupcake, until all of them are frosted. Then sprinkle coconut on top of each cupcake. Serve.