If you like coconut , these are moist and so good with toasted coconut
Make and share this Coconut Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄4 cups flaked coconut
cream cheese frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut, you toast
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each egg.
- Beat in extracts.
- .Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Fold in the coconut.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan, place on wire rack to cool.
- cream cheese frosting:.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, and extracts until smooth.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar.
- Frost the cupcakes, sprinkle with the toasted coconut.
- Makes 2-1/2 dozen.