Recipe by newmama
This is so light and mildly coconutty- like coconut shrimp without the heavy coating! **any firm whitefish would work- cod or halibut would be excellent.
Top Review by MamaMoonlight
I used coconut milk instead of cow's milk. The coconut didn't stick very well. The dish is soooo delicious! Even my hubby who is not a "fish person" really liked it. Thank you for posting the recipe that is our dinner tonight.
- 453.59 g tilapia fillet
- 118.29 ml milk
- 78.07 ml shredded coconut (i used very finely shredded)
- spices (i used salt, pepper and curry powder)
- 2 limes
- 29.58 ml coconut oil (any oil works, but this is best)
Directions See How It's Made
- mix coconut with spices of your choice. curry goes really well, but anything you like would work.
- dip fish in milk.
- coat with coconut mixture.
- heat oil in a large skillet over med-high heat.
- add fish and cook about 4 minutes on each side.
- squeeze lime juice over the top.