Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is so light and mildly coconutty- like coconut shrimp without the heavy coating! **any firm whitefish would work- cod or halibut would be excellent.
- mix coconut with spices of your choice. curry goes really well, but anything you like would work.
- dip fish in milk.
- coat with coconut mixture.
- heat oil in a large skillet over med-high heat.
- add fish and cook about 4 minutes on each side.
- squeeze lime juice over the top.
I used coconut milk instead of cow's milk. The coconut didn't stick very well. The dish is soooo delicious! Even my hubby who is not a "fish person" really liked it. Thank you for posting the recipe that is our dinner tonight.
I wasn't wild about this one. It was a bit bland, the amount of coconut wasn't enough to coat both sides of the fish and it tended to fall off with frying. Needs more spice, I would just put the coconut on top/ one side and bake it so it stays put.