Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Flavorful, textural and good!
- 10 large shrimp (16-20 count per pound)
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup coconut, finely ground
- canola oil (for frying)
- mixed salad green (enough for two servings)
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup slightly beaten egg (for egg wash)
- fruit salsa (homemade or store-bought)
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoons. fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 tablespoon mixed sesame seeds
- Remove shell and vein from shrimp (leaving on tails), dredge shrimp in flour, then egg wash and then in coconut. Allow to dry in refrigerator about 15-20 minutes.
- Heat canola oil and deep or pan fry shrimp in the hot oil until golden.
- Divide greens onto two plates; add julienned carrot and cucumber and seasonal fruit salsa. Top with shrimp and sesame-honey dressing.
- SESAME-HONEY DRESSING: Slowly whisk sesame and olive oils into the remaining ingredients.