Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a light dessert that is easy to prepare. It is a good ending to a heavier meal.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄4 cups flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 2 2⁄3 cups cold milk
- 2 cups whipped topping
- fresh strawberries (optional)
- In bowl, combine first five ingredients; press lightly into a greased 13" x 9" x 2" baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes to form coarse crumbs.
- Divide crumb mixture in half; press half into same baking pan.
- In mixing bowl, beat pudding mixes and milk; fold in whippped topping.
- Spoon over crust.
- Top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish with strawberries, if desired.
This is yummy!!! I had lost this recipe & was so glad to find it on here...a true coconut lovers dessert!!!
We LOVE this recipe! It is always a big hit and it tastes SO wonderful!
Easy to make, and is delicious!! It has a refreshing flavor.