Recipe by Bonnie G #2
Found this in my Taste of Home magazine. As I love both coconut and chocolate, I thought I'd post it here to save for when I start my holiday baking. The recipe states these are a sweet drop cookie and loaded with coconut and chocolate chips. Their crisp edges and soft centers add up to a perfect treat. Sounds good to me!
Top Review by nemokitty
What a good cookie! I made them for hubby's work and alot of people wanted the recipe. We love our coconut here in Hawaii and this was a great way to eat it. Made for Zaar's Newest Star Tag Game 2012.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 11 1⁄2 ounces milk chocolate chips, 1 package
- 1 1⁄2 cups almonds, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and extracts.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in coconut, chocolate chips and almonds.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375°F for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks.