Prep 10 mins
Cook 48 hrs 3 mins
Garden-fresh beans receive an exotic twist with a lightly spiced crunchy coconut and sesame seed topping.
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut, flaked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- In nonstick skillet, cook sesame seeds, stirring, over medium heat for 2 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Stir in half of the butter until melted.
- Stir in coconut, chili powder, turmeric and salt; cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until coconut turns deep golden.
- (Coconut mixture can be stored in airtight container at room temperature for up to 24 hours.) In large pot of boiling salted water, cook beans for 3 minutes; drain well.
- (Beans can be prepared to this point, chilled under cold water, drained and refrigerated in towel-lined airtight container for up to 24 hours.) In nonstick skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat; cook beans for about 3 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Toss with coconut topping.
Very simple, yet creative way to serve beans! I loved the crunchy topping and the flavor of the cocout and spices is delicious! It would be great on other veggies as well. Thanks Dancer^ for the interesting recipe!