Recipe by Raquel Grinnell
The food section of my local newspaper says this super easy cake is "super moist, super simple and super good with cold glass of milk!" I haven't tried it yet; let me know what y'all think....
Top Review by songofjoy
This is a great recipe. It does need a whipped topping or glaze. It was so easy and serves a lot as it is rich. I'm going to add candied fruit to it to make it into a fruitcake. I love finding uses for the ingredients I have on hand. Thank you. Carole from Castle Rock.
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafer cookies
- 7 ounces sweetened flaked coconut (7 oz. can or bag)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup butter, melted (2 sticks)
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F Grease and flour a Bundt pan - I used the Pam cooking spray with flour already in it.
- Place vanilla wafers in a food processor and pulse until you end up with fine crumbs.
- Combine crumbs with coconut, sugar and pecans in a large bowl; mix.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, butter and milk together. Pour egg mixture over dry ingredients and mix well; batter will be thick.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; bake 1 hour and 35 minutes.