Recipe by aronsinvest
A nice easy cake. I love this with coffee.
Top Review by vrvrvr
Great crumb cake! A couple suggestions: after step 1, I portioned out about 3/4 c. of the mixture to use for topping. I added half the coconut to the topping, and half to the batter. I also added 1/2 t. almond extract to the batter. For the sugar, I used a combo of brown and white. I baked it in a 9x9 pan. This makes a very pretty, moist crumb cake that baked perfectly in about 28 minutes. Easy to toss together with very nice results. Winner!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour,butter, baking powder and sugar with a pastry blender or finger tips until crumb consistency.
- Mix buttermilk, eggs, baking soda and vanilla.
- Add to crumb mixture. Stir in coconut.
- Pour in a greased and floured 7 x10 pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes.