Recipe by Vicki in CT
From the Jr. League of Portland Maine's cookbook-RSVP.
Top Review by queencupcake24
I subbed rice crispies for corn flakes because those are what I had. I replaced the vanilla with half vanilla and half coconut extract. I didn't use nuts because I didn't have any. I was craving a crispy thin coconut cookie and these were INCREDIBLE. They are now a permanent part of my cookie repertoire and I will be drizzling these with chocolate and caramel when I feel fancy.
- 3⁄4 lb butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups corn flakes
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (or sub macadamia nuts)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream sugar and butter; add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into mixture.
- Combine cornflakes, coconut, and nuts. Gently fold this into batter.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden.