Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the Jr. League of Portland Maine's cookbook-RSVP.
Make and share this Coconut Crisps recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream sugar and butter; add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into mixture.
- Combine cornflakes, coconut, and nuts. Gently fold this into batter.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
I subbed rice crispies for corn flakes because those are what I had. I replaced the vanilla with half vanilla and half coconut extract. I didn't use nuts because I didn't have any. I was craving a crispy thin coconut cookie and these were INCREDIBLE. They are now a permanent part of my cookie repertoire and I will be drizzling these with chocolate and caramel when I feel fancy.
Absolutely wonderful little tasties, but then we do like the ol' coconut! Took half of them to a park-wide social, but was happy to keep the rest just for ourselves! Really liked their soft chewiness! Thanks for sharing this great recipe! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]
These are very good! I like that they are not too sweet and the crunch makes them perfect. I didn't have walnuts or macadamia nuts so used chopped pecans. Made for a bake sale at DSs school and I am glad I made a dozen for us at home! Made for Photo Forums 2010 Holiday Celebration.