Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Made with filo pastry. Serve with coffee for dessert. Whilst recipe calls for butter and oil, I just spray my filo with vegetable oil spray.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 phyllo pastry sheets, thawed
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 400°F or 220°C
- Stir together butter and oil.
- Arrange 1 phyllo sheet on a work surface with a long side of phyllo nearest you, keeping remaining sheet covered.
- Brush with some butter mixture and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- Top with remaining sheet of phyllo, then brush with remaining butter mixture and sprinkle with remaining teaspoon sugar.
- Cut phyllo in half crosswise and stack. Cut stack into quarters and cut each quarter diagonally twice (in an X) to form 4 triangles (for a total of 16 triangles).
- Arrange triangles, spaced evenly, on 2 ungreased baking sheets and sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake in middle and lower third of oven, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until golden and crisp, 5 to 6 minutes total.