Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Family Circle and extra, super, yummy great. Cooling time is not included.
Make and share this Coconut Creme Brulee recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 tablespoon light rum
- 3 tablespoons water
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Place 6 6-oz ramekins into a large roasting pan.
- In a small sauce pan, heat half & half just until bubbles form at the rim.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, 1/3 c sugar, extract, and rum.
- Slowly stir in half-and-half.
- Pour into ramekins.
- Place roasting pan on oven rack and pour enough hot water into the pan to come half way up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake at 325°F for 15 minutes, until custard is just set.
- Transfer ramekins to wire-rack to cool for 20 mintes, then refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight (cover carefully with plastic wrap).
- Line large baking sheet with foil.
- In a small saucepan (NOT nonstick!, stir remaining 1/2 cup sugar and 3 tbsp water to dissolve sugar.
- Bring to rolling boil (careful VERY hot!) over high heat without stirring to an amber color 5-6 minutes.
- Pour onto prepared sheet, tilt to spread more easily.
- Let cool till firm, about 5 minutes.
- Gently tap to crack.
- Pulse pieces in food processor until finely ground (makes 1/2 cup and can be stored at room temp tightly sealed, so you can make it ahead).
- Bring ramekins to room temperature.
- Sprinkle over the creme and serve right away, or set under hot broiler for a few seconds to caramelize.
Your recipe has many errors in it and is confusing on step 11, 16, 18. I would love to try it out, but it needs to be fixed up before I do.