From Family Circle and extra, super, yummy great. Cooling time is not included.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 325°F.
- 2Place 6 6-oz ramekins into a large roasting pan.
- 3In a small sauce pan, heat half & half just until bubbles form at the rim.
- 4In a bowl, combine eggs, 1/3 c sugar, extract, and rum.
- 5Slowly stir in half-and-half.
- 6Pour into ramekins.
- 7Place roasting pan on oven rack and pour enough hot water into the pan to come half way up the sides of the ramekins.
- 8Bake at 325°F for 15 minutes, until custard is just set.
- 9Transfer ramekins to wire-rack to cool for 20 mintes, then refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight (cover carefully with plastic wrap).
- 10Line large baking sheet with foil.
- 11In a small saucepan (NOT nonstick!, stir remaining 1/2 cup sugar and 3 tbsp water to dissolve sugar.
- 12Bring to rolling boil (careful VERY hot!) over high heat without stirring to an amber color 5-6 minutes.
- 13Pour onto prepared sheet, tilt to spread more easily.
- 14Let cool till firm, about 5 minutes.
- 15Gently tap to crack.
- 16Pulse pieces in food processor until finely ground (makes 1/2 cup and can be stored at room temp tightly sealed, so you can make it ahead).
- 17Bring ramekins to room temperature.
- 18Sprinkle over the creme and serve right away, or set under hot broiler for a few seconds to caramelize.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Creme Brulee
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.1
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 135.6 mg
- Sodium 68.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 28.0 g
- Protein 5.5 g